- Fixed a bug leading to incorrect computation of custom spectral indices containing “additive” parameters (e.g., (NIR+0.1)/(Red-0.2)) when scale_val == FALSE
Fixed a bug leading to not properly reassigning NoData values when processing full tiles and using change_nodata = TRUE
Fixed inconsistencies in definition of characteristics of products MOD/MYD13C2/C1 and MOD/MYD13A3 (erroneous layers in xml)
Fixed a bug leading to help messages in the select layers portion of the GUI to not render
Updated MOD44B specifications to allow download of v006 version
Maintenance release to solve CRAN build errors on debian, due to the test_resetindexesx test. The test is now skipped on CRAN. Additionally, the MODIStsp_addindex function was modified to require explicit permission by the user to write on the MODIStsp_previous.json file
- Fixed a bug leading to errors if only “Aqua” platform was selected for download #133
Maintenance release to solve CRAN build errors on debian, due to the test_addindex test. The test is now skipped on CRAN. Additionally, the MODIStsp_addindex function was modified to require explicit permission by the user to write on the MODIStsp_previous.json file
Fixed bug leading to errors in processing extent when switching products with different Native projection (4008 vs sinusoidal), the projection string was not properly updated. 77f5693e9
Fixed warnings on check for uniqueness in http addresses
Due to improvements and changes in the GUI (see below),
MODIStsp .json options files saved with older versions are no longer supported. Users will be informed of this if trying to use an obsolete json file.
Removed support for FTP download due to switch-off of NASA servers.
Updates in supported products
Removed all v005 and earlier products, due to discontinuation of their distribution by NASA servers
Added support for the following products:
MCD64A1; MCD12C1; MCD18A1; MCD18A2; MCD12Q1; MOD44B; MOD44W; MCD12C1; MCD12Q1; MOD12A2; MOD12A3
Improvements in download functions
Improvements in GUI. It is now possible to set the processing extent interactively using the “Select on Map” button. This opens a browser window allowing to select and extent.
httr::RETRY to improve behavior while navigating the servers to retrieve available files and while downloading hdf file (when use_aria == FALSE), thus removing dependency to RCurl.
Improvements in processing functions
Improved functionality for dealing with NoData for products with multiple fill-values. If “Change NoData” is set to “Yes”, then in case a layer has multiple Nodata values all those values are set to NA in the output (see github.com/ropensci/MODIStsp#113)
Extensive code refactoring for submission to ropensci.
- Long functions were simplified/split into smaller functions to allow for easier maintenance
- GUI event handlers were moved into dedicated “R” files
- Extensive code linting to abide to ropensci standards
- Switch to jsonlite/xml2 to abide to ropensci standards
- Removal of some less-used dependencies (e.g., hash)
Improvements in documentation and website
- More detailed documentation for the main functions
- Improvements in pkgdown articles to include some “worked examples” (e.g., MODIStsp_Extract)
- New article in pkgdown showing a list of supported products
Improvements in test coverage
- Several new tests added, bringing coverage above 90%
MODIStsp_resetindexes to remove all custom indexes from a MODIStsp json options file and
MODIStsp_reset_options to reset MODIStsp options to default.
MODIStsp 184.108.40.206 Release Notes
This was mostly a maintenance release - fixing a bug in 1.3.3 submission related to a missing import in NAMESPACE
Improved organization of Virtual Raster files and RData files in the “Time_Series” output subfolder. Now virtual files and RData files are organized by sensor and layer to facilitate access.
MODIStsp 1.3.3 Release Notes
v1.3.3 was released on 10/08/2017
Improved speed in computation of spectral indexes, quality indicators and in computation of scaled variables by usind
raster::overlay (commits 0f5d76d, 0f5d76d, e462721)
Added functionality for unit testing using
testthat and codecov integration. (commit 0c00fc6 and others)
Added “testing mode” to allow users to test proper functioning. Now, running
MODIStsp(test = X) (with X in (0,6)) runs the processing using default processing parameters (commit 0c00fc6 and others)
- Suppression of verbose messages and (useless) warning messages while parsing the NASA servers and downloading data using “ftp” ( 3775d60);
Fixed a bug preventing the “last” choice (or that present in the json file) from correctly showing in the GUI upon launch/restore of a saved json file (commit 633c2dd)
Fixed a bug affecting MODIS layers coded as Unsigned Integer - 32 bit (Thanks to Rob Critchlow for signaling this). The bug was due to improper handling of UInt32 data in
gdalbuildvrt, causing sometimes an incorrect translation from HDF to output formats (#72).
M*D09A1 - 500m Reflectance Band Quality (V005 and V006); M*DO9CMG - Coarse Resolution QA (V005 and V006); M*D09CMG - Coarse Resolution Number Mapping (V006); M*D09GA - 500m Reflectance Band Quality (V005 and V006); M*DOCGA - Band quality for MODIS bands 8-15 (V006); M*D11C3 - Days with clear-sky conditions and validated LSTs; Nights with clear-sky conditions and validated LSTs (V005 and V006); MCD43A2 - BRDF_Albedo_Band_Quality (V005 and V006).
Fixed a bug affecting creation of time series files (RData and virtual rasters) on all MCD products (#77)
Fixed a bug a error on creation of “burn_date” layers for MCD45A1 product (#77)
Fixed bugs on specifying spatial extent files on non-interactive execution (#75)
17/04/2017 - MODIStsp is now on CRAN !
MODIStsp was recently accepted on CRAN. From now on, you can install it simply using
You’ll however still be able to install the
development version from github, containing the last improvements and bug fixing using:
install_github("ropensci/MODIStsp", ref = "master")
MODIStsp 1.3.2 Release Notes
v1.3.2 was released on 22/03/2017
- Added functionality to apply scale and offset coefficients on MODIS original values according with the specifications of single MODIS products.
Some product names and output layer names were modified to reduce the length of output file names, homogenize the names of the outputs and correct some errors. For compatibility with already created output files (versions up to 1.3.1), the old “XML” file specifying output files format is still available in
inst/ExtData/MODIStsp_ProdOpts_old_v1.3.1.xml. To use the old file naming conventions, users have to:
inst/ExtData/MODIStsp_ProdOpts.xml and rename
MODIStsp_ProdOpts.RData from the
Previous folder within
Timeouts of httr/ftp requests were increased to prevent problems on download on slow connections
MODIStsp 1.3.1 Release Notes
v1.3.1 was released on 13/02/2017
Added functionality for processing of Snow Cover datasets: MOD10A1, MOD10A2, MOD10C1, MOD10C2, MOD10CM (Issue #55) on devel
Added functionality for downloading “partial” years (Issue #54) on devel
Added functionality for computing vegetation indexes on MCD43A4 (v5-v6), MCD43B4 (v5), MCD43C4 (v5-v6) (Issue #59) on master/devel
Added functionality for accelerating download using aria2c (Issue #55) on devel
Fixed bug on download with aria, throwing an error on partial download on http download with aria (6fbc875)
Fixed bug on M*D15A2 processing (Issue #60) on devel/master
Fixed bug on MCD12Q1 processing (Issue #58) on devel/master
Fixed bug on MOD13C2 processing (Issue #52) on devel/master
Fixed bug on insertion of custom projection (Issue #57) on devel/master
Fixed bug on selection of custom index (Issue #53) on devel/master
MODIStsp 1.3.0 Release Notes
v1.3.0 was released on 11/05/2016
Added functionality for downloading and preprocessing MODIS collection 006 datasets. For products with both 005 and 006 collections, the user can select the version using a new droplist in the GUI.
Added functionality for off-line processing. This allows both to i) reprocessing already downloaded data (for example, to create time series for an additional layer) without the need to connect to NASA servers, and ii) process HDF files downloaded outside MODIStsp (e.g., directly from NASA ftp) and stored on the user’s PC, without the need of an active internet connection.
Improved the way in which options are saved. Much more readable. JSON files are now used instead than .RData. User options are no longer saved alongside products characteristics. This will allow to re-use an “old” options file even if changes are made on the XML file describing the products.
Improved the GUI interface for specifying additional Spectral Indexes. Hints are now showed to the user, and multiple indexes can be added in the same session.
General improvements in the GUI interface. Products are now grouped by categories, to allow easier identification and selection.
Improvements in the README file and vignettes, providing more instructions on package use.
Improved functionality for checking for “complete” download, by comparing the size of the downloaded files with that of files on the server.
Added “configure” file for Linux installation.
Temporary files necessary for processing (e.g., vrt files) are now created (and destroyed) within the “R” temporary folder.
MODIStsp 1.2.1 Release Notes
v1.2.1 was released on 11/05/2016
Modified format of “R” output time series from rts objects to RasterStack objects with temporal information added in the “z” attribute via setZ()
- Major changes/improvements in MODIStsp_extract function:
- Use of plain RasterStack with “z” attribute instead than rasterstackts
- Use of gdal_rasterize (gdalUtils) instead of rasterize (rgdal) to improve speed. Temporary shapes and rasters necessay are saved in “R” temporary folder and removed automatically
- Fixed bugs on functionality for point/lines shapefiles, according to what specified by the “small” and “small_method” parameters
- Added functionality for retrieving data for small polygons
- Added out_format selection - xts or plain data.frame
- Added possibility to use a shp filename as input directly
- Added conformity checks on inputs
- Added functionality to run without specifying start and end dates
- Added id_field parameter for choosing which column of the input SP object should be used for “naming” the columns of the output
Removed possibility to use “complex” resampling methods when reprojecting (e.g., bilinear, cubic, etc.) to avoid incorrect resampling on categorical variables and “contamination” of good pixels data.
- Changed the input method for starting and ending dates selection in the GUI. Now a text field is used
- Added functionality for writing data ignore value on ENVI files
- Removed automatic deletion of XML files created by writeRaster to keep metadata information
- Changed names of products in the GUI for products with both TERRA and AQUA dataset to M*D09A1, M*D13Q1, etc…
- Modified code syntax to satisfy R code styling guidelines
- Modified roxygen parameters so that only required functions are imported from dependent packages
- Updated and corrected the list of dependencies
- Updated required “R” version to 3.2, and minimum versions for dependent packages to current versions.
- Added Welcome message
- Updated links to LPDAAC product description pages
- Changed all “print” and “cat” calls to show messages/warnings to “message” or “warning” to allow easy disabling MODIStsp verbose messages
- Using “R” tempfile/tempdir to save vrt files
- Corrected a bug that threw an error in case incorrect bounding box specified
MODIStsp 1.2.0 Release Notes
v1.2.0 was released on 29/07/2015
First stable release of advanced implementation of MODIStsp ! We know it should be 1.0.0, but thats’it !